Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A painting adventure while kayaking


Have you ever painted in a kayak from the middle of a high desert lake?

I got the idea on a warm, clear day recently and acted on it. I tucked my "Have Brush Will Travel" art kit in my backpack, drove the 40 minutes up to Elk Lake, rented a kayak and paddled out to the best view to paint.


It was a blissful experience, dipping my watercolor brush in the lake, letting the watercolor flow everywhere and then "baptizing"  my painting in the lake at the end - to fuse the colors. All the while, my kayak was rocking to the soft waves created by the gentle wind.

There is a sweet freedom that comes from painting for the sheer joy of it!

Let it flow!
Mary

1 comment:

  1. It's a nice idea to paint a picture and you go far away with kayak, paddling it then paint a beautiful lake picture. Great! short term jfk parking deals

    ReplyDelete