Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Art, Ireland and a Music Tour


Ireland Coast ~ Achill Island

I recently had the pleasure of going to Ireland on a music tour.

There is much I could write about the music, the pubs, the landscape and the fish and chips throughout Ireland, but it was the kind spirit of the Irish people that was the most compelling of all. Everyone, from the wild seascapes of Achill Island to the playful town of Dingle Peninsula, was gracious and kind.

I tucked my small kit of watercolor supplies and handmade book with 300 lb. watercolor paper in my back pack and filled the pages with the rich greens of the Irish landscapes.


Here I am, sitting on a rocky cliff at the water's edge in Doolin and the painting below is what I captured in my sketchbook using the water of the Atlantic!


Have Brush Will Travel!

Warmly,
Mary

1 comment:

  1. It's very interesting and exciting to paint a picture while sitting on rocky cliffs and thanks Mary for sharing this nice post. long term jfk parking deals

    ReplyDelete